The Aquatics Centre hosted all swimming events for the 2012 summer games with capacity for over 18,000 spectators during the games. After the Olympics two temporary seating stands will be removed and reducing the capacity to 2,500.
iWireless Solutions needed to provide:-
- Complete public and operational coverage within the building and immediate exterior.
- A high density solution capable of meeting the voice and data demand for 2012 Olympics Games as generated by the public, VIP guests (inclusive of IOC) and key stakeholders
- Robust and dedicated coverage to all back of house areas.
- Capable of supporting all current technologies for all UK mobile operators.
- High carrier counts for all mobile operators and full ICNIRP compliance for all antennas.
- A dedicated In-Building DAS solution with excellent availability on the seating tiers and external microcells providing coverage to spectator holding areas.
To find out more about the solution we designed and deployed for the Aquatics Centre click here to read the case study.