Horse Guards Parade was one of the most iconic venues of the London 2012 Summer Olympics. Located in the heart of the city the venue played host to the beach volleyball competition. The entire structure was temporary and built on the parade ground which is the site of royal ceremonies such as Trooping the Colour. With a capacity of 15,000 the venue was one of the last to be completed due to a narrow window of opportunity between the end of the jubilee celebrations and the start of the games.
iWireless Solutions were asked to provide:
- A dedicated solution to cater for the mobile demand generated by the public, VIP guests (inclusive of IOC) and key stakeholders.
- Dominant coverage supporting voice and data services during the 2012 Games.
- Maximum capacity & carrier grade availability on the seating bowl stands.
- High carrier counts for all mobile operators and full ICNIRP compliance for all antennas.
- System should support all current technologies offered by the UK mobile operators.
- 4 discrete DAS sectors with maximum availability to the bowl seating area.
To find out more about the solution we designed and deployed for the Horse Guards Parade click here to read the case study.